A well-respected physician and educator, Dr. Harrison is the Chief Medical Officer for Anka Behavioral Health Inc. and a
member of the Clinical Adjunct Faculty in the Nursing
Schools at Emory University and Morehouse School of Medicine.
Approachable and energetic, she has been known to explain medical
concepts with an ease and humor that results in her audiences developing
understanding of difficult material while having a good time doing it!
has written and presented several articles and workshops on the medical
aspects of addiction and other psychiatric disorders. She is available
for media appearances, supervision and medical consultation and to
answer any questions you may have about addictive or other psychiatric
- Was named YMCA Volunteer of the Year in 2008.
- Conducted biomedical research at Azabu University in Sagamihara, Japan.
- Is fluent in Spanish, and lived with a family in Venezuela after completing medical school.
- Winner of Patient's Choice Award for online reviews of physicians.
- Zahir Harrison- son
- Nasir Harrison- son
- Joel Harrison- husband
- Mmoja Ajabu- father
- Jane Ajabu- mother
- Howard University (BS 1998)
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (MD, 2002)