Below are some frequently asked questions regarding career coaching appointments with Dr. Harrison.
What Can I Expect From A Career Coaching Appointment?
Mentoring sessions follow a comfortable, but structured format. If this is the first time you and Dr. Harrison are meeting, you will spend the first part of the session getting to know each other and sharing your goals for the mentoring relationship. You will then dive into the specific topics/questions/concerns you have for that session.
Each session will include conceptual as well as practical strategies for addressing your concerns and needs. And word of caution -- you will leave each session with homework! Unlike school, the homework is optional (this is your career after all!), but will always be aimed to support your journey to your ideal career as defined by you. Subsequent mentoring sessions will review and revise goals as necessary while brainstorming strategies for navigating barriers.
What Are the Technical Requirements For An Appointment?
In order to ensure you can successfully complete your appointment, you will need:
- A stable high-speed internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone (mobile phones, tablets and most computers have these built in).
- If Using Mobile Device: Front-Facing Camera
- If Using Computer: Attached Camera
- Prior to your appointment, you should also try a video conference with a friend to make sure everything works.
What is the Cancellation/Refund Policy If I Can't Make My Appointment?
We understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. Whenever possible, we request your cancellations no less than 48 hours in advance of your appointment. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment are considered late cancellations. Missed appointments without prior notification are considered no-shows.
- Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to appointment: full refund.
- Late Cancellations: 50% refund.
- No-show: no refunds